Hi there!

My photo
MI, United States
Vintage seller whose specialty lately is vintage baby and kids. Check out my store for my finds: babyshapes.etsy.com

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lil' Vintage Story Book










Hoagy Carmichael's Songs For Children, with illustrations by J.P. Miller. 
Golden Press, 1957.

I was just leaving my favorite thrift store (for books anyway) when I spotted this in the music section. I snatched it up, knowing it was a real gem...and didn't get to take a peek until I got home. Boy, was I happy when I saw the pictures were by J.P. Miller!! I love his work...but have barely anything illustrated by him. I know this isn't technically a story book but I couldn't help it, I had to share!


Now if only I could read music! My husband is presently working on that right now so hopefully he will be able to play us these songs on the guitar someday. :-)


Linking up with Lil' Vintage Story Books






5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Such cute illustrations!! What a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Ben is learning guitar at the moment but he prefers things like 'Smoke on the Water'!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a cute little book! That' peeling plastic is supposed to come off, it was called a 'dust jacket' you won't be wrecking the book if you peel it off.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete